Reports to: Director of Events
Seafair is seeking a Volunteer & Neighborhood Relations Intern to assist the Director of Events in working with Seafair’s 3,000+ volunteers in support of Seafair’s events as well as the Neighborhood relationship management.The primary focus of this internship will be to assist with Volunteer recruitment and registration for each event in addition to scheduling and communicating with volunteers throughout the summer.
- Collaborate with volunteer leadership and staff to identify volunteer positions and scheduling needs
- Actively recruit new individual and group volunteers
- Assist with outreach for the scheduling and confirmation of volunteers for event shifts
- Coordinate volunteer credential and shirt distribution
- Help manage volunteer check-in during each event
- Complete data entry and other volunteer registration procedures
- Coordinate with Sales department to fill partner activation volunteer needs
- Manage internal volunteer database and software program, including shift creation, contact information, training, and troubleshooting
- Manage communication with all neighborhood residents and business impacted by Seafair events, including Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Seafair Summer 4th, Alaska Airlines Seafair Torchlight Parade, Capital One Torchlight Run, Seafair Triathlon, and Seafair Weekend Festival featuring the Albert Lee Appliance Cup and Boeing Seafair Air Show.
- Compile and create neighborhood mailings, email campaigns, website information, and assist with social media posts
- Research neighborhood and business associations in the impacted areas and request and present at scheduled meetings.
- Manage the Seafair Weekend Festival neighborhood ticket program including order verification and fulfillment
- Manage on-site Neighborhood Relations admission and information booth during Seafair weekend and the week prior
- Other office and event duties as assigned.
- Ability to deliver superior customer service under stressful conditions
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional detail and follow through of tasks
- Must work well under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks while taking direction and requests from multiple people
- Must perform in a professional manner at all times and be able to represent the organization both internally and externally.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products. Preferred knowledge of Microsoft Project and Shiftboard scheduling software
- Self-motivated with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Required to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends as assigned
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player even on long days
- Ability to lift/carry weights of up to 40lbs