Reports to: Director of Events
Seafair is seeking an Event Operations Intern to assist the Director of Events with the design and implementation of all logistical needs regarding site construction, signage, and other related venue operations in support of Seafair’s signature events. This also includes setting up venues and breaking them down.
- Assist in planning and execution of event logistics
- Ensure clear communication with other departments and staff regarding event preparation, load-in/load-out and day-of logistics
- Plan and implement event operations as directed by Director of Events.
- Assist with the creation and management of production plans and inventory database
- Solicit bids and acquire event assets as directed.
- Ensure accurate delivery and prompt return of rental equipment at each event
- Assist in managing signage inventory and on-site implementation of signage and décor plans at all Seafair events
- Assist in implementation of the Seafair Green Plan (recycling and waste management)
- Assist in setup and tear-down of event venues
- Develop an analysis of the internship including pros, cons and suggestions for improvement. Discuss with Operations Manager
- Other office and event duties as assigned
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional detail and follow through of tasks
- Must work well under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks while taking direction and requests from multiple people
- Must perform in a professional manner at all times and be able to represent the organization both internally and externally.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.Preferred knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Self-motivated with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Required to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends as assigned
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player even on long days
- Must have the ability to lift/carry weights of up to 40lbs