Reports to: Event Producers
Seafair is seeking an Event Production Intern to assist Seafair’s Event Producers with the planning and execution of event logistics in support of Seafair’s signature events. A special emphasis to be placed on race operations for the Torchlight Run, Triathlon, and Milk Carton Derby.
- Assist in planning and execution of event logistics for all Seafair events.
- Ensure clear communication with other departments and staff regarding event preparation, load-in/load-out and day-of logistics.
- Help identify and execute strategies for increased participant registrations.
- Assist with event participant communications including registration process, pre-event directions, and post-event follow up.
- Manage online registration software including event details, data entry, and troubleshooting.
- Plan and implement event operations as directed.
- Assist in coordinating staffing plans for each event.
- Assist in setup and tear-down of event venues.
- Other office and event duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional detail and follow through of tasks
- Must work well under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks while taking direction and requests from multiple people
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.Preferred knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Self-motivated with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Must perform in a professional manner at all times and be able to represent the organization both internally and externally.
- Required to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends as assigned
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player even on long days
- Must have the ability to lift/carry weights of up to 40lbs