Reports to: Director of Creative and Programming
Seafair is seeking an Creative and Programming Intern to assist Seafair’s Director of Creative and Programming with the planning and execution of all entertainment programming and activations, live-event creative, broadcast and event logistics in support of Seafair’s signature events.
- Assist in planning and execution of entertainment programming and activations, live-event creative, broadcast and event logistics for all Seafair events.
- Ensure clear communication with other departments and staff regarding event preparation, load-in/load-out and day-of logistics.
- Assist with communications with entertainment assets, television and radio broadcast personnel, Torchlight Parade participants and others regarding event details and logistics.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department to contribute entertainment-oriented social media and website content.
- Assist with technical planning for stage setup, broadcast setup and audio-visual equipment requirements.
- Plan and implement event operations as directed.
- Assist in coordinating staffing plans for each event.
- Assist in setup and tear-down of event venues.
- Other office and event duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional detail and follow through of tasks
- Must work well under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks while taking direction and requests from multiple people
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products. Preferred knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of television and radio broadcast, stage and audio systems preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Must perform in a professional manner at all times and be able to represent the organization both internally and externally
Required to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends as assigned
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player even on long days
- Must have the ability to lift/carry weights of up to 40lbs