Reports to: Director of Creative and Programming
Seafair is seeking a Creative and Programming Intern to assist Seafair’s Director of Creative and Programming with the planning and execution of all entertainment programming and activations, live-event creative, broadcast and event logistics in support of Seafair’s signature events.
- Assist in planning and execution of entertainment programming and activations, live-event creative, broadcast and event logistics for all Seafair events.
- Ensure clear communication with other departments and staff regarding event preparation, load-in/load-out and day-of logistics.
- Assist with communications with entertainment assets, television and radio broadcast personnel, Torchlight Parade participants and others regarding event details and logistics.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department to contribute entertainment-oriented social media and website content.
- Assist with technical planning for stage setup, broadcast setup and audio-visual equipment requirements.
- Plan and implement event operations as directed.
- Assist in coordinating staffing plans for each event.
- Assist in setup and tear-down of event venues.
- Other office and event duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional detail and follow through of tasks
- Must work well under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks while taking direction and requests from multiple people
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products. Preferred knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of television and radio broadcast, stage and audio systems preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Must perform in a professional manner at all times and be able to represent the organization both internally and externally
Required to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends as assigned
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player even on long days
- Must have the ability to lift/carry weights of up to 40lbs