Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Seafair is seeking a Box Office Intern to assist the Director of Finance and Administration in all aspects of ticket sales and services for Seafair’s premier events. This includes interacting with our ticketing system, capturing data for the Marketing and Sales departments, and brainstorming ideas for increasing ticket sales.
- Manage ticket order fulfillment through online, phone and mail-in order requests
- Assist and advise customers on event information, seat selection and venue access, displaying a high level of proactive customer care at all times, and maintaining accurate records of transactions and bookings.
- Process internal ticketing requests, audit payments, and set up Will Call
- Coordinate return of unneeded consignment and comp tickets to box office
- Process payments via online, phone, mail, in person and on site
- Assist in coordinating ticketing information for staff and consumers
- Support ticketing staff in onsite box office preparation, day-of sales, and cash balancing and reporting
- Track and manage ticket inventory and revenue
- Prepare and deliver reports on ticket sales (weekly), drop counts, and partner redemption
- Assist in managing registrations for all sporting events and Torchlight Parade entries
- Assist with Beer Garden and Concession revenue reporting and cash handling
- Other office and event duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional detail and follow through of tasks
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Must work well under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks while taking direction and requests from multiple people
- Ability to deliver superior customer service under stressful conditions
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products. Preferred knowledge of Microsoft Project and event ticketing systems
- Self-motivated with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Required to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends as assigned
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player even on long days
- Ability to lift/carry weights of up to 20lbs