Reports To:Seafair President
Application:Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Seafair is looking for a strategic-thinker who can translate big-picture marketing vision to implementable operational plans, this individual is a dot-connector who must understand how all of our marketing efforts can work together to build our brand and advance our goals.The Senior Marketing & Communications Strategist will be the leader of the marketing and branding efforts related to all of Seafair’s events, including media relations, consumer marketing, digital content, social media, PR, and digital. These plans must create buzz, drive ticket sales and build brand equity.
The Senior Marketing & Communications Strategist will ensure that all plans have clear goals and a vision that supports the strategy set for each marketing initiative. This position will work in conjunction with various management teams, agencies, radio & TV partners, and other marketing teams to help develop and execute an effective marketing plan that will reach the correct demographic and target customers for each event.
- Create and implement marketing plans for a diverse set of ticketed events, plans include public relations, radio, TV, & print media placement, direct mail, promotion activity, & non‑profit opportunities.
- Design, build and maintain social media presence, research current trends and apply current promotions. Keep up with current social trends to ensure social strategy remains current. Develop ad copy; implement ad schedules to appeal to a specific demographic and target customer when needed
- Directs the public relations image of the organization. Establishes and maintains strong relationships with media, industry influencers and key community and strategic partners.
- Recognizes opportunities to create publicity from Seafair operations, activities, awards/honors, etc. and share with local, regional or national media.Write press releases, coordinate press conferences, and arrange/coordinate media hits at events.
- Operates the department with a conscious commitment to maximum exposure for the organization and its events, through the most effective and efficient means possible.
- Aggressively seeks new contacts and maintains working relationships with all media representatives, civic and industry organizations, corporate promotional contacts, and event and booking representatives.
- Act as a creative director with internal staff and outside advertising agency to develop marketing collateral as needed. Copywriting, proofing and editing publications and collateral and developing content for print and online mediums
- Collaborate with sales team to activate In-kind and media sponsorships as well as contracted advertising sales programs including digital, print, media, and onsite signage activations.
- Annually produce collateral such as marketing plan, year-end recap, and year-end video. Support production of partner recaps and sales decks. Procure collateral for sponsor recaps by archiving materials, press mentions, screen captures and photographs as they are created, and compiling for individual recaps
- Compiling of marketing and communications related stats and documentation, including website traffic, social media numbers, press coverage, broadcast numbers
- Post event surveying and reporting
- Other office and event duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or minimum 4 years marketing and PR experience
- Experience marketing large entertainment events, festivals, or sports & entertainment venue marketing strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Seattle media outlets; radio, TV, print, outdoor
- Ability to engage with unique and varying demographics to target specific ticket buyers for each event
- Strong knowledge of social media tools
- Experience in database marketing and list segmentation
- Self-starter, strong organization skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Office, Word, Excel, Power Point; preferred Graphic design knowledge (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.).Website maintenance and basic HTML knowledge preferred.
- Creative thinking, strong initiative and verbal presentation skills
- Excellent writing skills, time management habits and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills, with ability to work and communicate well with all types of people, utilizing all forms of office communications
- Self-starter with confidence to initiate projects, track deadlines and follow through to completion
- Highly organized and flexible, with ability and willingness to work necessary hours in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as assigned.Required to work all Seafair Signature Events.
- Ability to adapt, learn and grow with team approach and philosophy
- Must have the ability to lift/carry weights of up to 20lbs
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player even on long days
Works in a general office environment with periodic outdoor site visits and meetings. Position will require on-site presence at all Seafair events. This job can be physically demanding during peak season. Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed during the festival season (June through mid-August).
Founded in 1950 as a tourism draw and celebration of Seattle culture, Seafair is an independent non-profit organization producing some of the largest festivals in the Northwest, reaching well over two million people. The organization produces 10 major events, including the Summer Fourth, Milk Carton Derby, Torchlight Parade, Fleet Week, and Seafair Weekend Festival.