Position Title: Manager Community & Military Relations
Reports to: Vice President of Business Operations
Full-Time – Year Round
Application: Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Reference "Food & Beverage Manager" in the subject line.
The Manager of Community & Military Relations is a member of the Seafair Management Team and as such, oversees all aspects of community, military, and government relations as outlined below. Seafair’s guiding mission is Creating Memories and Uniting Communities.The Manager of Community & Military Relations will help lead this mission by managing the organization’s community outreach activities, governmental communication and strategy, military and Fleet Week interactions, and neighborhood event communication.
- Serve as Seafair’s liaison with all branches of the armed services.Assist with making initial introductions for Operations team members to any organization providing operational support to Seafair’s events.
- Draft military support request letters to obtain operational support around Seafair’s signature events.
- Serve as Seafair’s liaison for planning and execution of Seafair’s obligations for Fleet Week.
- Plan and assist in coordinating military breakfast events.
- Coordinate and lead community relations programs maximizing Seafair’s reach and impact in the community.
- Work closely with Marketing and Operations staff to develop a comprehensive neighborhood communication outreach plan around each of Seafair’s signature events. Execute the neighborhood communication plan and ensure appropriate documented confirmation of all information distributed.
- Attend and participate in meetings and committees related to community relations; develop agendas and write speaking points; prepare and present presentation materials, as appropriate; respond to and resolve inquiries and complaints; maintain awareness of new developments in the field of community relations; and incorporate as appropriate.
- Oversee and participate in the development of community outreach materials.Draft and edit a variety of public information materials including webpages, newsletters, flyers, pamphlets, and brochures; and design and maintain fact sheets for each event.
- Create and coordinate execution of a comprehensive government relations strategy designed to help meet Seafair’s operational and financial goals.
- In conjunction with Sales staff members, lead the planning and execution of the military & VIP receptions at the Torchlight Parade.
- In conjunction with marketing staff members, lead the planning and execution of the Seafair Weekend Festival Gala.
- Other office and event duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with community members, organizations, businesses, property owners, and the public
- Experience working with military organizations and leadership strongly preferred.
- Strength in providing clear information to individuals and groups related to the assigned community outreach program.
- Strong public speaking skills in developing and delivering presentations and presenting ideas and concepts orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of contemporary methods & techniques for community outreach
- Proven and demonstrable project management capabilities
- Excellent organizational skills with exceptional detail and follow through of tasks
- Must work well under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks while taking direction and requests from multiple people in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and inter-personal communication skills
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Self-motivated, hands-on individual with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve independently while also working within a team atmosphere.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends as assigned.Required to work all Seafair Signature Events.
- Experience in festival events preferred
- Must have the ability to lift/carry weights of up to 20lbs
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player even on long days