Position Title: Volunteer & Community Relations Coordinator
Terms: Full-Time – Year Round
Reports To: Director of Events
Seafair’s guiding mission is Creating Memories and Uniting Communities. As a critical member of the Seafair Event Operations Team, the Volunteer & Community Relations Coordinator will help lead this mission by coordinating the organization’s volunteer & community outreach activities, including volunteer recruitment, coordination, and communication, Seafair Family Group relations, the Community Partner Event program, and neighborhood relations.This role will also serve as the face of Seafair to multiple community organizations, dignitaries, and volunteer groups.
- Coordinate with Event Producers and Volunteer Leadership to determine volunteer staffing needs for Seafair’s events.
- Create and execute a proactive volunteer recruitment and retention plan focused on driving participation across all events.
- Manage volunteer scheduling software for events leading up to Seafair Weekend Festival.Coordinate with volunteer leadership for Seafair Weekend Festival to ensure they are effectively utilizing scheduling software to schedule their respective teams.
- Create and execute a comprehensive year-round volunteer communications plan. Coordinate volunteer leadership planning meetings and volunteer recognition efforts, including annual banquet.
- Coordinate Seafair’s volunteer participation on behalf of the Seafair Foundation in 3rd party alcohol service event activations.
- Serve as management liaison to Seafair’s five separate Family Groups, including all event activation scheduling and onsite coordination.Attend Family Group functions as Seafair’s designated representative.
- Work closely with City of Seattle Dept. of Neighborhoods to develop and execute a comprehensive neighborhood communication plan around Seafair’s signature events.
- Manage the Seafair Weekend Festival neighborhood ticket program.
- Lead Seafair’s Community Outreach programming by working directly with regional community events interested in partnering with Seafair.Meet with partner events (currently 32) to develop strategy plans for how Seafair can best support their programs.
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales staff to ensure appropriate opportunities for marketing and promotion of Seafair’s events at all Community Partner Events.
- Lead and support the development of community outreach materials, website materials, and calendars; draft and edit a variety of public information materials; and design and maintain fact sheets for each event;
- Attend and participate in meetings related to community relations; develop and support new programs as they may evolve, develop meeting agendas and write speaking points; prepare and present presentation materials, as appropriate; respond to and resolve inquiries and complaints.
- Other office and event duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience helping lead large diverse teams of volunteers strongly preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with community members, organizations, and the public.
- Strong public speaking skills in developing and delivering presentations and presenting ideas and concepts orally and in writing.
- Proven and demonstrable project management capabilities.
- Excellent organizational skills with exceptional detail and follow through of tasks.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks while taking direction and requests from multiple people in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and inter-personal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.Additional experience with scheduling software and email distribution software preferred.
- Self-motivated, hands-on individual with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve independently while also working within a team atmosphere.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends as assigned.Required to work all Seafair Signature Events.
- Must have the ability to lift/carry weights of up to 20lbs.
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player even on long days.