Join the Seafair team! Our program includes internships with a focus in the following areas: operations, sales,box office, special events, sponsorship & promotions and marketing & public relations! Our goal is to recruit and develop individuals who wish to excel in the sports, entertainment and event industry. We believe that internships are a vital part of a student's professional preparation. Our program provides students an opportunity to get hands-on experience in a professional business environment.
Seafair has been delighting the city of Seattle for over 65 years - come and be a part of this iconic festival.
WINTER INTERNSHIP/SPRING OPENINGS
Sales & Sponsorship Intern
Focus: Sales Sponsorship
Reports To: Director of Sales & Marketing
Openings: One (1)
Duration: January - May: Part-time, 10-12 hours a week (based on intern's schedule and must fall between Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm). We are looking for someone who is interested in staying on through the summer and moving to a full-time seasonal internship at that time.
Compensation: This internship is non-paid. The summer portion is paid a stipend.
• Assist with sponsorship research, lead tracking and proposal writing
• Support with sponsor implementation and/or activation
• Assist with sponsor account management
• Attend sponsor recap and potential partner meetings
• Update sponsor database
• Planning and execution of sponsor events and promotions
• Track marketing and operational obligations in Sponsor agreements
• Recap client investments for internal use
• Other office and event duties as assigned
• Excellent communications skills
• Strong writing skills
• Access to transportation
• Must be a college junior or senior in standing
• Comfortable in fast paced environment, ability to multi-task
• Must perform in a professional manner at all times, maintaining a positive attitude and able to represent the organization both internally and externally
• Must display strong leadership skills, be goal oriented, detail oriented and possess excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work with all types of staff utilizing voice mail, email, computers, fax machines, copiers and proper use of memos and other office communications
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Melissa Jurcan, Director of Sales & Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org by.
SUMMER INTERNSHIP OPENINGS
Summer openings will be posted in January. Applications will be due in March. The summer term is May/June through early August.