Nothing is more synonymous with summer in Seattle than Seafair. The non-profit festival was founded in 1950 to attract tourists to Seattle and promote marine events to enhance Seattle’s reputation as the Boating Capital of the World.
Today, Seafair touches more than two million people through 75 sanctioned events throughout the summer.
Seafair’s Signature Events include:
- Seafair Kickoff
- Alaska Airlines Rock ‘n’ Roll Seattle Marathon & 1/2 Marathon
- Seafair Pirates Landing
- Seafair Summer 4th
- Safeway/Albertsons Seafair Milk Carton Derby
- Swedish Seafair Triathlon & Kids Triathlon
- Alaska Airlines Seafair Torchlight Parade
- Seafair Fleet Week & Boeing Maritime Celebration
- Seafair Weekend featuring the Boeing Seafair Air Show and Albert Lee Appliance Cup
In addition to Seafair’s signature events, Seafair supports dozens of local community events throughout the region.