A Seafair signature event, the annual running block party known as the Rock ‘n’ Roll Seattle Marathon & ½ Marathon will start and finish at downtown Seattle Center. Local bands will put their talents on display, playing live on band stages each mile along the 26.2 and 13.1 mile courses. The energetic, entertaining race will also be supported by cheerleading teams, themed water stations and thousands of spectators.
The race features a spectacular view of the iconic Space Needle and downtown skyline. Runners will tour downtown and run past landmarks like Smith Tower and CenturyLink Field, plus miles along the Lake Washington waterfront. As the course winds along the viaduct, runners will enjoy stunning views of Elliot Bay, Pike Place Market and the Olympic Mountains.
After finishing back at Seattle Center, runners will be invited to join friends and family for a post-race concert featuring a major headliner. The post-race concert and finish line festival are free and open to the public.
Race weekend will kick off with a two-day Health and Fitness Expo at CenturyLink Field, featuring more than one hundred fitness retailers, exhibits and interactive clinics on Thursday, June 11 and Friday, June 12.
Registration is available and volunteers and spectators are always encouraged to participate. More information can be found online at RunRocknRoll.com/Seattle.
2014 Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Marathon & 1/2 Marathon Race Results:
1. Drew Polley, 28, Pullman, WA, 2:24:52, $500
2. Yon Yilma, 25, Edmonds, WA, 2:30:52
3. Alexander Rockhill, 19, Seattle, WA, 2:35:17
1. Devon Yanko, 31, San Anselmo, CA, 2:51:18, $500
2. Sarah Getty, 31, Des Moines, WA, 3:09:07
3. Jen Edwards, 30, Seattle, WA, 3:14:11
Men’s Half Marathon
1. Jonathan Lafler, 24, Seattle, WA, 1:08:07, $250
2. Roosevelt Cook, 34, Oak Hills, CA, 1:10:45
3. Destry Johnson, 29, Puyallup, WA, 1:12:51
Women’s Half Marathon
1. Nuta Olaru, 43, Longmont, CO, 1:19:58, $250
2. Katie Conlin, 24, Seattle, WA, 1:23:42
3. Monica Folts, 27, Lakewood, CO, 1:24:39